Elements of a Safe and Secure School Against the Backdrop of a Welcoming Environment
The CASH April Workshop will focus on school safety, involving the design and layout of school sites and buildings for the purpose of protecting students and staff from intruders, while not creating an environment that impedes the main purpose of the school. We will explore this topic while keeping in mind that the purpose of the school is to educate students within a vibrant environment.
The following are some of the topics that will be covered:
- Guidelines from the California Department of Education
- Fundamentals of a Safe and Secure School
- Planning and Practice to Create and Manage Campus Safety
- The Nature of Evolving Threats
- The Long Beach Experience: A District Planning to Avert a Tragedy
- Recommendations from the L.A. City Attorney’s Blue Ribbon Committee
Click here for the April Workshops Brochure.
Two workshops on this subject will be offered:
April 23, 2019 at the DoubleTree Hotel Sacramento
April 25, 2019 at the DoubleTree Ontario