Four local educational agencies are looking for state permission to increase how much they can borrow. Under state law, LEAs are prohibited from having a total bonded indebtedness of more than 1.25 percent of taxable assessed valuation of property for elementary and high school districts, and 2.5 percent of taxable property for unified school districts.
The five LEAs are:
- Central Unified School District
- Earlimart Elementary School District
- Hawthorne School District
- Lynwood Unified School District
- Roseville Joint Union High School District