Small School Districts’ Association (SSDA)
We are proud members of the Small School Districts’ Association (SSDA), assisting them with their mission to provide relevant information and proactive assistance to small school district governing boards and superintendents through legislative advocacy, collaboration, professional development, and support services. Since 1983 the SSDA has been helping small school districts consistently exceed academic results produced by larger school districts. EH&A provides our skills, knowledge and competencies along with small school administrators to achieve big results and a true success story for small schools.
CASH Leadership Academy
We are very proud to be a core faculty member in the Coalition for Adequate School Housing (CASH) Leadership Academy for School Facility Executives. CASH was formed in 1978 to promote, develop, and support state and local funding for K-12 construction. We are excited to work with them to achieve these goals and offer students the chance for a better education and learning environment.
DOWNLOAD BROCHURE: CASH School Facilities Leadership Academy
VISIT: CASH Website
CASBO & FCMAT sponsored CBO Mentor Program
The CBO Mentor Project is designed to develop and produce qualified Chief Business Officials for California School Districts and County Offices of Education. The EH&A team has had the pleasure of mentoring and guiding the following students in this one-year program:
- Kathy Tanner, Executive Director at San Marcos Unified School District
- Katy Wright, Program Manager, GAFCON
- Maria Palmer, Director of Business Services, Keppel Union School District
- Steve Ma, Vice President, Monterey Peninsula College
- Eric Dill, Associate Superintendent, Business Services, San Dieguito Union High School District
- Hatha Parrish, Director, State and Federal Programs, Centinela Valley Union High School District
- Kathy Perkins, Chief Business Officer, Charter Valley Union School District
- Keith Butler, Business Advisory Services, San Diego County Office of Education
VISIT: FCMAT Website
VISIT: CASBO Website
EH&A Scholarship Fund
Every year, the EH&A Scholarship Fund supports graduating seniors from California high schools in Del Mar, Encinitas, Carlsbad, and Oceanside who will pursue a degree in the area of architecture, construction management, public administration, or public finance. A minimum 2.5 GPA is required.
Since 2006, the scholarship has helped these students and others achieve their goals and dreams:
- Sergio Daniel Ochoa Farias, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Shakila Guevara, Georgetown University
- Dustin Atlas, The Cooper Union in New York City
If you are interested in supporting this scholarship, you can donate directly to:
Coastal Community Foundation:
P.O. Box 230415
Encinitas, CA. 92023-0415
USC CBO Certification
We are honored to be a part of the USC School Business Management Certificate Program. In partnership with the university, State of California’s Financial Crisis and Management Assistance Team (FCMAT), and School Services of California (SSC), we serve as a business expert in this innovative learning program, helping students develop the skills to excel in School Business Management.
What you Need to Know About Development Impact Fees – Part Five Special Circumstances and Use of Fee
In part one of this multi-part series of articles, we discussed what to know and why to know about development impact fees. We discussed that development impact fees are NOT a tax but are, rather, one-time charges applied to developments. We discussed why we need these fees and for what