An EH&A team comprised of Tina Cullors (Associate), Robert Kiesling (Senior Associate), and Bob Nicholson (Vice President) provided bond program management/school facility support services to Lakeside Union School District. Projects included the Tierra del Sol Middle School modernization of the multipurpose building and new gymnasium projects; Lakeside Farms Elementary School modernization of the site administration, cafeteria, and restroom project; and reconstruction of the Lindo Park Elementary School multipurpose building project.
We served as the district’s representative in being the project management, relationships and communication conduit for their contractors, consultants, architects, and state agencies. Our duties included but were not limited to:
- Working with architect and district staff during planning and design phase – CDE and DSA approval process
- Serving as point of contact for school site personnel, contractors, and consultants
- Providing administrative/ purchasing support to write bid documents and advertisement for projects:
- Open bids/review bid documents that all are complete
- Notify low bidder
- Write board agenda items
- Attending weekly construction meetings and assist district to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget
- Reviewing RFIs and make necessary recommendations
- Reviewing and verifying pay application calculation before submitting to the district
- Reviewing all change orders that are associated to the projects and provide board recommendation to ratify/approve changes
- Reviewing and recommend special consultants (IOR and special testing and inspection) invoice approvals
- Ensuring project is closed out with DSA certification
- Providing district with a Notice of Completion to be board approved and filed with the County Recorder’s office
CONGRATULATIONS to Lakeside Union School District on their successful projects. Thank you for choosing and trusting EH&A!