The Coalition for Adequate School Housing (CASH) held a Facility Planners meeting recently and here is the April 2017 update:
• Keep an eye on AB 203 (O’Donnell), which is a spot bill to make changes to the School Facility Program.
• Over 20 bills have been introduced in the CA legislature about drinking water quality in schools. CASH supports the idea, but who will pay the bill?
• There are a number of bills related to issues of accountability, transparency, and local bonds.
• SB 518 (De Leon) extends the Proposition 39 energy efficiency funding program for an additional five years, providing funds for K-14 facilities through 2022-23.
• The prevailing wage monitoring program could change soon using a “carrot and stick” approach.
• Last Thursday OPSC held a stakeholder meeting in Sacramento to review the grant agreement for the School Facility Program (SFP).The overarching concern expressed by stakeholders was to distinguish between what are clarifications to the existing process and what are changes to the existing process.
• CDE Title 5 School Siting and Design Standards Review are now underway!